Student Manual is required by the AHA. If you don't have one you will need to purchase one and bring to class, or it will be available to pick up at the class, discount on class when purchased together
BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. The AHA’s BLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC). This video-based, Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings.
After successfully completing the BLS Course, students should be able to • Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
The BLS Provider Manual eBook is the electronic equivalent of the AHA’s BLS Provider Manual. It offers an alternative to the printed course manual and is for use by a single student before, during and after the BLS Course.
Please note, there is a separate supplementary tool included, the BLS Digital Reference Card. This is the electronic equivalent of the BLS Reference Card, and will be automatically included with the purchase of the BLS Provider Manual eBook.
The AHA’s eBook Store provides 24/7 access to browse, purchase, view and download AHA CPR, first aid and advanced cardiovascular care materials. The AHA’s eBooks Store supports online access via Internet browser or offline access on mobile devices using the AHA eBooks app or the offline reader, iPublishCentral.
Following are the technical specifications for the BLS Provider eBook:
- Internet Explorer -> Version 9.0 (partial support- some features may not work as expected), version 10.0 and above (full support)
- Mozilla Firefox -> Version 30 and above
- Google Chrome-> Version 35 and above
- Opera-> Version 23 and above
- Safari: Version 5.3
- Firefox: Version 18
- Opera: Version 23 and above
NOTE: For full functionality, Flash Version 22.214.171.124 and up