|This is a non-returnable/non-refundable item. All sales are final.|
The AHA's Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care and the 2015 American Heart Association and American Red Cross Update for First Aid.
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Online is the eLearning portion of the Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Blended Learning Course and is designed to teach students cognitive information needed to respond to and manage illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. Upon completion of the online portion, students must complete hands-on skills session with an AHA BLS or Heartsaver Instructor.
Upon successful completion of both portions of the course, students receive a Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED course completion card, valid for two years.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of a rescuer providing first aid to a child or infant
- Describe the 4 key steps in first aid for children and infants: prevent, protect, assess, and act
- Remove protective gloves (skill student will demonstrate)
- Find the problem (skill student will demonstrate)
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, and shock
- Control bleeding and bandaging (skills student will demonstrate)
- Use an epinephrine pen (skill student will demonstrate)
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to pediatric first aid rescuers
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult*
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult*
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
- Students have the convenience of completing the course at their own pace at work, home, or wherever Internet access is available
- Can be used for initial or renewal training
- Includes interactive exercises and videos to engage students and provide periodic points of knowledge transference
- Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully
- Students have access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of their key to help reinforce what they have learned
- Includes audio and transcription for any students who may have a hearing or visual disability
- Screen and text-sized options help meet diverse learning needs
- Navigation controls provide students with the flexibility to move easily through content and customize their learning experience
Minimum technical requirements are available at https://elearning.heart.org/static/technicalspecs.
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Online is intended for those involved in childcare who have a duty to respond to illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. This audience includes child care workers, teachers, foster care workers, camp counselors, youth organizations, and coaches for children’s sports organizations. This course is also ideal for parents, grandparents, babysitters, and guardians. This course is also appropriate for educators, teachers, and the general public.