This instructor initial course will prepare individuals to teach Basic Life Support using American Heart Association Guidelines. Following this course you will be able to teach students. This is a two day course. Day one is an online instructor essentials course. It is required you complete this prior to coming to the instructor course. Every instructor is required to have an instructor manual for the courses they teach. BLS Instructors can teach all BLS and Heartsaver courses. You will need instructor manuals in both BLS & Heartsaver if you are teaching both. It is mandatory to have a BLS Instructor Manual in class. **if you already have a manual, please call our office to register 509-368-9458** In order to take this course:
- Participants must have a current AHA Basic Life Support card or Heartsaver FA CPR & AED Card (no exceptions) – a copy will be required in class.
- Participants must complete the BLS Essentials prior to coming to class. Please bring a copy of the certificate to class.
DAY 1: Online course, an online key will be emailed to you following your registration.
DAY 2: Live in person class. We will go over, Rosters, CPR cards for Students, Instructor Status, Materials you will need to teach, next steps, skills, how to teach a CPR class etc. Instructor Certification is valid for 2 years. There is an additional Training Center Alignment Fee of $40 (fee includes your instructor card). This fee is paid after you are monitored teaching during your first class and all of your instructor paperwork is complete.
DAY 3: Observation of your class teaching skills in you own class setting at your location.
- BLS Instructor Essentials Key $35.00
- Basic Life Support Student Manual $20.00
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR & AED Student Manual $8.00
- Basic Life Support Instructor Manual $47.00
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR & AED Instructor Manual $65.00