Who should take this course?
The AHA’s BLS Instructors Course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform and instruct others in BLS, CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.
Registration and fees required at least one week prior to attending class to ensure student materials arrive before.
What does this course teach?
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Basic First Aid
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- Basic business operations and pricing structures
BLS Instructor Essentials (REQUIRED PRIOR TO ATTENDING CLASS
The BLS Instructor Essentials Course is taught in a blended learning format. AHA BLS Instructor candidates must complete the online portion, followed by the hands-on session conducted by BLS Training Faculty. $40
Course Essentials Description:
The BLS Instructor Essentials Course is designed to prepare instructor candidates to teach AHA Instructor-led and blended learning BLS Provider courses. It educates instructor candidates on how to use AHA Instructor teaching materials, ensure that students meet learning objectives, offer student coaching skills, provide an objective skills performance evaluation, and follow AHA Instructor and course policies. The course covers core content and discipline-specific content required to teach AHA courses.