The LifeVac EMS Kit. Includes one adult mask, one pediatric mask, and instructions for use.
The LifeVac is a non-invasive, non-powered, portable Airway Clearance Device (ACD) that has been developed to remove an object or food from a victim with an airway obstruction when the standard choking protocol has been followed without success. It has been designed with a patented one-way valve that prevents air from pushing the object or food downward. This creates a one-way suction to remove the obstruction and clear the airway of the victim. The negative pressure generated by the force of the suction is 3 times greater than the highest recorded choke pressure.
LifeVac EMS Kit
- Choking is the 4th leading cause of accidental death.
- A leading cause of death under the age of 14 and over 65.
- One child dies every 5 days.
- Over 5,000 choking deaths per year in the US alone.
- Thousands choke to death in their own homes every year.
- Extremely dangerous for individuals in wheelchairs.
- Choking is particularly dangerous within the neurological community.
- LifeVac is the only non-invasive airway clearance device.
- LifeVac has been published in 10 medical journals (4 peer-reviewed).
- LifeVac has been used by Emergency Services, nurses, support workers, and laypeople. The airway clearance device is implemented in fire departments, police departments & rescue squads all over the US and worldwide.
- LifeVac can be used on adults and children. LifeVac can be utilized starting at 22 pounds based on the mask manufacturer’s general guidelines for a proper fit.
- LifeVac is simple to use and can be used by anyone. LifeVac can also be administered on yourself.