- Format : Online Course
- Product Type : Blended and eLearning
- Recognition and treatment of opioid overdose (use of naloxone and CPR as indicated)
- Overview of the opioid epidemic and opioid use disorder
- Pathophysiology of opioids leading to addiction
- Explanation of Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Importance of integrated treatment
Opioid Education for Healthcare Providers is a self-directed, eLearning course is for use by a single student that includes modules such as recognition and treatment of opioid overdose (use of CPR and reversal agents), details of the opioid epidemic and opioid use disorder, psychophysiology of pain and opioids leading to addiction, and managing acute pain with alternative pain management options.
This 30 minute long course educates participants in the psychophysiology of opioid overdose; special considerations on how to care for overdose patients, including naloxone administration; recognizing the need for high-quality CPR; and use of a defibrillator.
Opioid Education for Healthcare Providers, Opioid Education for Non-Clinical Staff and Lay Responders